Thursday, September 10, 2009

Shakas: Hawaiian Flavors

Picture 069

If you are craving for Japanese-Hawaiian cuisine, come to Shakas located in Monterey Park. It's a small fast food restaurant founded in 1995 by three young entrepreneurs. Luckily, my work is 2 miles away and when I do crave for Shakas, I get their 442nd Combo Plate. It's named after the famous WWII Combat Unit. You get to choose two of the following items: Teriyaki Chicken, Teriyaki Beef, Chicken Curry, Kalua Pork, Sesame Chicken Wings, Honu Pepper Chicken, Char Siu, or Kal Bi. My favorite picks are the Teriyaki Chicken and Kalua Pork. It comes with two sides: Macaroni Salad and Pickled Cabbage. It's a very fulfilling plate and deliciously made. I make sure I have plenty of Siracha hot sauce to eat with this dish.


Shakas Definition: Shaka Brah- Hang Loose, Take it Easy, Enjoy Life and Eat Well.


2300 S Garfield Ave # D
Monterey Park, CA 91754-7200
(323) 888-2695

No comments:

Post a Comment